Pages

Sunday 20 February 2011

Countdown to the new season

It's funny,  we close the park on 7th December and March 1st seems a lifetime away.  Once Christmas is over with March 1st seems to gallop towards in a way which can frankly be scary.

March comes with a feeling of delight mixed with dread.  We look forward to welcoming back our customers (the Tree Toppers), but we worry about the damage that can happen to caravans over a hard winter like that we've just had.

Its also a time of year where there seems so much to do.  As always the our team has done a great job,  the park looks great,  even the bits we have dug up for as part of our winter development programme look ok.  Its all the thing you think you might have forgotten.

The onset of March draws my mind to how we make our park stand apart from others parks in the area.  We start our marketing campaigns and I turn my attention to our website (http://www.treetopscaravanpark.co.uk/)

I'm generally still happy with our website, but I've noticed Google is not ranking us as highly as I'd like it to,  so I've been having a play with the copy and a few other things.

If you read my previous blogs you'll see that I've been playing with YouTube videos of the caravans,  this is something which I've really enjoyed doing.  I think I've turned a corner with them now and the do what they should in terms of showing prospective caravan owners the caravans we have on offer.

Here's a couple of my favorites:



I'm not totally sure if I'm taking too long to spin around the rooms and the music is still under review.  I'd better not blog what my partner Sally says about the music I select,  it's not polite.  I wouldn't be concerned, but she does play the piano rather well so she knows what she's talking about.

The two videos above are embedded in my website in the caravan for sale section (http://www.treetopscaravanpark.co.uk/sales/).  Of course they are for sale as I type,  but we hope that North Wales will remain attractive and the above static caravans will soon be sold!  At that point they will drop off the website.

I've been toying with the idea of buying a video camera,  but I'm really not sure I need one.  I think I should really look for better video editing software even though I don't really do videos.   I've help off buying as I can't get a clear idea of which is best for chaining images together and doing the panning, zooming and other effects which I like to use.   I've even looked for the iPad.   I'm open to suggestions!

In the middle of February we all (the Walker clan) went off to the BH&HPA conference.  As always there's a raft of new legislation or old legislation we'd forgotten about which we need to look at when we come back to the office.  There's also a load of good stuff which we picked up.   One of the highlight was meeting Professor David Bellamy,  we had our picture taken with him as we've just received a special commendation for maintaining a gold standard in his conservation schemes for 10 years!  It's a great scheme, but it gets harder each year!

As a site project I'm working with Flintshire Tourism Association, they are developing a new website (http://www.discoverflintshire.com/). There's a lot of work to go on with the content, but the visuals look great.  Have a look and see what you think.  We've been working with a small development house called MyDigtalMedia,  they have been fantastic to work with!

Well I think that will do for now.  I'll try no to be such a stranger in future.

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment